1. MT4 Basics: How to Install an EA?
Step 1: Transferring files
- Create or download an EA. Keep note of the location of where you saved it.
- Select and copy the EA file you wish to install.
- Look for the MetaTrader4 folder. This is normally located in the C: drive.
- Paste the files into the Experts folder. A pop-up requesting admin permission may appear; if so, just click Continue.
Step 2: Installing the EA on the MT4 platform
- Launch your MT4 platform.
- Look for the Expert Advisors section under the Navigator pane at the left side of the platform. Click on the Plus sign and the available EAs should be listed there.
- Click on the EA you want to install and drag it onto one of the charts on your platform.
Step 3: Adjusting the settings
- A pop-up box will appear showing the settings of your EA.
- Make sure that all the settings and alerts are correct before clicking OK.
2. How to have the EA run 24 hrs a day?
1. Keep your desktop running for 24 hrs
2. Use our endorsed VPS server
We will need a VPS server because we need the MT4 to run 24/7 with our EA installed in it.
We endorse this VPS server provider BeeksFX as it has been working very well for us thus far.
You can buy a VPS server yourself and install the EA onto the MT4 within the VPS server.
3. Can we run backtest and optimise the EA ourselves after purchase?
Watch this video and you can find out what EA parameters suit your trading risk appetite most. Enjoy!